Thanks, that's worth looking into.

I think I was able to get the refs to be consecutive, or I could be in
the future.

BUT: it would be nice if I could give it a step size to the "r" option,
because I make sub-groups that would be nice to be able to copy...

Thanks again,

Cat

ax...@yahoo.com
> Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 12:53:25 +0000

Subject: [kicad-users] Re: Is it possible to copy a "block of layout"
and have pcbnew change the references automatically in a multi-channel
design?

> The perl script
"Kdupe.pl" in the file area here might be coerced into helping.

 It is mostly intended to aid in duplicating a complete board into an
array for a panel, and so by default it does not touch the reference
numbers.

> However, it does have an option to adjust the
ref des numbers of successive copies.

> What you would
need to do would be to create a board layout with just one copy of the
channel and then duplicate that .brd file using Kdupe.pl with the "r"
option appended. Open the result and copy the new array back to the
original layout (or use it as the starting point for the layout).

> That gets you an array of identical sections with unique ref
des numbers BUT you may need to go back to the schematic if the
algorithm used to assign successive ref des idents doesn't match the
netlist.

kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, Cat C <catalin_c...@...> wrote:

> > Hi There,
> > I tried to make
the subject descriptive, but here it is:

> > If I
 have a design with 10 identical channels, can I lay one channel out and
 then copy and paste-it and somehoy get pcbnew to use the references of
the next channel?