From: Pedro Martin <pki...@yahoo.es>
To: kicad-users@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, April 9, 2010 11:53:41 AM
Subject: Re: [kicad-users] Force netnames

Hi,

In Eeschema, try to place a net name on a wire.

Regards,
Pedro.

> I've asked this before but didn't get any answers so I thought I'd try
again.

> Is there any way to force a net to keep a certain name? Does anyone know how
eeschema decides what name to use when generating the netlist? Are there any
tricks to make it more likely that one name will be chosen over another?

> The background is that I've joined two nets, lets say VCC and VDD. When I
generate the netlist it seems random which of those two names ends up in the
netlist. Since I have several copper areas on the PCB, it's a pain to rename
them all because the net changed from "VCC" to "VDD".

> Replacing the names using Notepad is one suggestion, but not a very good
one. It tends to mess up the project.