--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "azhars" <xyz9...@...> wrote:
> I am facing problem with the new version of Kicad
> (KiCad-2010-04-06-SVN2508) when creating single side board. I can not
> uncheck the front (top) layer in the setup dialog box, so the auto
> router always places track on both side of board.
>
> When an old board made with (KiCad-2009-02-16-final) is opened with the
> newer version, the front (top) layer found unchecked.
>
> In the the custom layer setup both top & bottom layers remain checked &
> can not be unchecked so please guide how to disable the front copper
> layer for making single side boards?
>
> Regards

Are you using freerouter or the internal autorouter?  I think for freerouter
you can add a single 'keepout' encompassing the entire back side of the board
using a text editor on the exported DSN file.  Maybe somebody else can do the
legwork for you on how to prepare that single line of text and add it to the
exported DSN file, before you import into freerouter.

We will discuss a longer term solution elsewhere.