I'm not sure I understand why the library of modules is in the state it is?  I
would expect to see
module files like SO.mod, DO.mod, DIP.mod, PLC.mod, discreet_SM.mod, etc. Am I
missing something?

Anyway, it appears that I should not trust what is in the library anyway. I got
a copy of
"LP Calculator" to work.  should probably be three versions of the modules
library for surface-mount
work - General purpose - high reliability and very-high density. (There are
settings to get these
numbers out of LP-calculator).

A = Most - reliable - but bigger
B = Nominal - mid sized
C = Least - very small

For others that want to generate these pads - here are the clues

 From http://landpatterns.ipc.org/default.asp  Download this link

http://landpatterns.ipc.org/files/PCBM_LP_Calculator_V2009-0831.zip

Get Winetricks from: http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/winetricks Save
the script Then using
a Terminal type in sh winetricks in script directory Select using the GUI
dotnet20 and install

There is one other detail that should get worked out - there are two ways that
cap footprints are
specified - and it generates confusion - metric and imperial - thus 0201
(02x01mils) = 0603 in
metric (remind me to once again curse the creeps that stopped metrication back
in the '60s).

Complete list
http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/Capacitor_Codes#Imperial_and_metric_case_size_codes

There are two that overlap - there is are 0402 0603 in both imperial and metric.

The library name ought to give a hint as to the units used..

The current lib lists these as SM0603 in imperial..  I'm  thinking of creating
a metric named lib
with 0603M?

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail k...@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
-- Mark Twain