--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, Andy Eskelson <andyya...@...> wrote:

> Set preferences > general > layers to 1
>
> Autoroute will then do it's stuff, but there will normally be a few
> tracks that you have to do by hand.
>
> Andy

Paulo,

You are correct, the new PCBNEW has a minimum copper layer count of 2.

Can you try this (I do not know if it will work):

1) Put a large copper zone on the side of the board that you do not  want
routed, filling the entire board on that side.  Make this zone unconnected in
PCBNEW, I believe this can be done when selecting the NET for the zone, (maybe
netcode=0).  If not, let me know.

2) Then route your board.  It should be possible for the auto router to use
only one side, the side without the no-connect zone.

3) Then simply throw away the gerber file(s) for that unused side.

Feedback your results to the list please.

Dick