Hi Danko,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The answer is yes to all three questions. As I mentioned, I can connect
to the database with no problem using my own java class and the ojdbc
jar file.

I'm wondering if the problem is that I'm using Oracle 11g or using a 64
bit version of Oracle.

I also tried using Oracle express eddition 10g. I can connect to that OK
but when it tries to create the necessary tables, KIM complains that
partitioning is not enabled. It seems that Oracle express doesn't
support partitioning.

I'm trying to find an instance of the full edition of 10g and am hoping
that will solve the problem. Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Alistair

Alistair Duke
Next Generation Web Research
Centre for Information & Security Systems Research
BT Innovate
___________________________
Office: +44(0) 1473 608192
Mobile: +44(0) 7730 426257
Fax : +44(0) 1473 606755
Email: alistair.d...@bt.com
This email contains BT information, which may be privileged or
confidential.
It's meant only for the individual(s) or entity named above. If you're
not the intended
recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this
information
is prohibited. If you've received this email in error, please let me
know immediately
on the email address above. Thank you.
We monitor our email system, and may record your emails.
British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no: 1800000