Hello Nader,

1 and 3: KIM does not provide functionality to get the output in rdf/xml format. I don't recall older versions being able to do this either. Maybe it is achievable through the API. We haven't developed it in this direction.

2. There are a number of efforts to make public data available in RDF format. There is also a big projects which aims to connect the different disjoint datasets in one large Knoledge Base. The project is called : Linked Open Data (http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData) . In the data sets it uses you may find useful references for your task (http://esw.w3.org/topic/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets). For example: Geonames - http://www.geonames.org/ontology/ .

If you have your own data which is in a different format, you may write your own custom tool to create RDF from it. You will have to tie it to the ontology KIM uses by default - PROTON (http://proton.semanticweb.org/). There is a section in the documentation of KIM which will be helpful : Creating Knowledge Bases and Ontologies .

Some tools for designing and viewing ontologies are : Protege , Swoop, Top Braid Composer.

Hope this helps
Philip