On Friday, March 28, 2014, 21:35:39 Fernando Vilas wrote:

>On Thursday, March 06, 2014 13:28:01 Christian Dávid wrote:
>[...]
>>
>> This was not meant to allow transactions. An example; the plugin foo
creates
>> a table ‘fooPlugin’ to store data. The user removes the plugin. To keep the
>> database clean KMyMoney can inform the user about the missing plugin foo
>> and allows him to remove the data of the Plugin. The stored SQL query would
>> remove the table ‘fooPlugin’ then.
>> >
>> > Maybe...  I don't really have enough information to have an opinion yet.
>> > You seem motivated on this, which is fantastic.
>> >
>> > Could you share some of the code or more in-depth thoughts on the design?
>> > That would help. I do not know if reviewboard is the right place for a
>> > work-in- progress, but something like that could help me (and others) see
>> > a prototype of what you are thinking.
>>
>> I wanted to ask you first so I do not waste time on futile efforts. If
>> everybody could live with the idea to allow plugins to query the database,
>> I can put more thoughts on it an present some code.
>>

>I think I understand what you are up to now after this and some of the
>checkins in the onlinebanking branch. In particular, the work on the XML
>backend. Overall it looks like a good idea.
>
>Sorry I have been unable to work on this much lately, but I should be able to
>think more about it soon. If you don't mind, I think I will try to build a
>set
>of stubs to show an example of how to implement it. You will still have to
fill
>in the details, but I think there is a compatible path forward.
>
>> Greetings
>> Chris
>>
>> [1] http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/
>>
>> [2] Alternatively we could create a MyMoneyPlugingObject which has a
>virtual
>> writeSQL method and a constructor to create from database (like the xml
>> ones) and add a add/modify/removePlugingObject no MyMoneyFile which then
>> call the virtual add/modify/remove method in MyMoneyPluginObject. But then
>> we do not have any chance to use select statements which return more than
>> one object (e.g. for list views). My plugin would use a similar technique
>> for that.
>
>I really like this idea, with some accessors to return collections as well as
>single items. However, I think this may be a lot of work. It should be
>possible to get the existing plugin to a state you want it, then start
>refactoring to a plugin architecture. Something like the "crawl, walk, run"
>idea.
>
>Great work so far.

I just committed a few updates to the add-onlinebanking branch. Hopefully they
provide some guidance on how to get the database storage engine going with the
new online jobs type.

The commits are meant to be stubs and guidance, not a full implementation, so
that you can get things setup the way you want them.

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas