I've also seen this in the past, and of course can't remember exactly why, but in my memory, it usually shows up as a compile error. I think it might be because KMM was compiled with a different version of gcc than some library it is linking to. (I vaguely recall it is often related to c++ versioning issues. However, that name - MyMoneyMoney with a prefix likely invented by the compiler) looks to be totally within KMM, so I'm about as stumped as you are. One thing I would check (although I don't expect it to find anything) is to to 'ldd /path/to/kmymoney' and see if any of the library links are broken or missing.

Jack