First, I'll say there was no actual data loss, just loss of more time than I'm happy losing over the past two days.

On 30 June, I saved and backed up my data file, and began my end of month reconciliation of my investment accounts. Yesterday, I had completed reconciliation of one account. I thought I had saved, but in retrospect (i.e., looking at available files) obviously not, and that was my fault.

Today, I completed reconciliation of a second account, and again (unusually) neglected to save the file.

I then started on a third account. These are all investment accounts, and my broker sends two transactions for a dividend reinvestment. In the Investment account, I convert one to a reinvestment transaction. The other transaction only appears as a deposit in the brokerage account. In this case, I reconciled the investment account first, and then went to the brokerage account. I reconciled the account before I deleted three of those "extra" transactions, which left me with an incorrect balance, too large by the sum of those three transactions. When I saw this, I deleted those three transactions, and only then noticed the "wrong" reconciled balance.

OK - I figured I could undo several steps, going back to right before I did the reconciliation. Well, I did undelete those three transactions, but at that point, the "undelete" button appeared disabled. I could push it, and the window re-displayed, but nothing changed. Multiple further presses did not remove the "now wrong" reconciliation banner from the ledger.

Is reconciliation not able to be undone, or have I discovered an actual bug?

Unfortunately, I neglected to save a copy of the file in it's "bad" state, although I can probably recreate it if necessary.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Jack