Hi Peter,
I believe there is a built-in default limit of 10000 for sql reports "to protect users from downloading too much or filling the server with an error"... I also understand that if you add a LIMIT statement to the sql then that takes precedence. So for example you could add " LIMIT 99999" to your sql and see if that works.
It might be nice to have something either on-screen or in help about this.
Good luck.
Ian
PS if you are subscribed to the normal Koha list that might be a better list for this question rather than development...