Greetings,

Question to all familiar with Ubuntu installs of Koha: do you use the non gui server "out-of-the-box" or have you added any gui apps (gdm, xorg, whatever)? The reason I'm asking is that there are documented kernel changes.

$ sudo apt-get install lynx

This works well enough with the web install portion of the Koha installation. Why would I want to install anything gui on an Ubuntu server? If some gui-pieces make it in based on the tarball dselect, it happens. I used command-line only to build, install, and configure our Koha 3.6.3 installation from a tarball on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. We hope to migrate to Koha to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS in the near future. The version of Koha has yet to be determined.

Hope this is useful feedback.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett