On 21 April 2011 06:50,  <aj...@maxenna.com> wrote:
> I am installing it on Ubuntu OS and hence following the installation steps
> mentioned at
>    http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu

You will find the official guides to installing on Ubuntu in the
source code or here:
http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=tree
Look for the files called INSTALL.ubuntu and INSTALL.ubuntu.lucid

See the top of this page:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:Installation
for an explanation of why it is a good idea to stick with the official
INSTALL.* files.

> But I am facing issue at the below mySql step 7

> maxenna@maxenna-rfid:~$ mysqladmin -uroot -ppassword create kohadata

You need to replace password with the actual password for the root
mysql user. So if the password is XYZ it would be:

$ mysqladmin -uroot -pXYZ create kohadata

Even better is to just use

$ mysqladmin -uroot -p create kohadata

This will prompt you for the password interactively, and it will not
be left visible in the history of your shellcommands.

Best regards,
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no