I'm working to switch our Staff client to use SSL security. It looks as if I can do this by setting up Apache properly.

However, there is a setting in the System Preferences which lists the Staff client URL, and that does not give us the opportunity to use a URL with "https". The information on that page is 'hardcoded' to "http".

My question is: Where does that setting value come into play? What functionality is going to look at that value from the database and attempt to use it to contact the staff client?

I can change the port number, but if it really uses the http rather than https protocol, then something will not properly connect to the staff client web interface. I don't know what all that might be.

Has anyone run into problems with this? Can anyone tell me where this makes a difference?

Thanks,
Tom

     Tom Hanstra                              Systems Administrator
     Hesburgh Libraries of Notre Dame         Phone: (574)631-4686
     213 Hesburgh Library                     Email: t...@nd.edu
     Notre Dame, IN  46556

  "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in
   the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at
   least twice as fast as that!"
                          Lewis Carroll - Through the Looking Glass