Hi all,

We have a production machine that we installed on ubuntu 10.10 quite a while
ago using debian packages.  We got it working good enough for our purposes at
the time and just let it be (because of no time to work on it more).  Now we
have a volunteer computer engineer helping us for several weeks and he has
updated the OS to Ubuntu 12.04 and we are working on the next step of upgrading
Koha to the latest 3.8 version.

We have made several attempts and haven't been able to figure out how to get it
done and keep rolling back.  One of the main issues we have is that the
original machine was installed using the koha package (not Koha-common). But
the recommendation is to use Koha-common on the newer versions.  So we need to
know how to get apache set up for multiple virtual sites and OPAC and Intraet.
 Any recommendation on the proper upgrade path to do this would be helpful.

We have already tried just building anew machine and importing a SQL dump, but
while all the data showed up, there were numerous errors with schema structure.

Any recommendation on the proper upgrade path to do this would be helpful.

Thanks,

Brad Gabbert
IT Director
International School of Wuxi