Hello
Could some librairians and vendors tell me if they like the way Koha is sorting facets and facets results, on a UX point of view ?

Currently,
- Results for each facets are sorted alphabeticly.
- I can't explain the way factets (Authors, Title, Topics...) are sorted, maybe by popularity, but it is not always the same, depending of the request !

If we look at other catalogues, or non library websites (Amazon...), we don't see the same behavior.
- Facets sorting does not change in the same catalogue
- Facets results are sorted according to popularity (decrescent occurences), or sometime in a predefined order, sometime both, but never alphabeticly. (in amazon.com , Author and Book series are sorted according to popularity order, but Departement and Format facets in a predefined order. cf. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=game in worldcat, Content and Public in a predefined order, and the others by popularity : http://www.worldcat.org/search?qt=worldcat_org_all&q=proust )

If you agree, I can make a patch for sorting facets results by popularity (easy to do) and sorting facets according to a defined order (more complicated for me but I will try...).

Regards,
M. Saby
Rennes 2 University

--