You will also want to make sure that you have an all/all rule defined that has a number of reserves defined for all items.

Liz Rea
On 10/12/12 11:09, François Charbonnier wrote:
Hi Sander,

Ok. You set up your circulation rules the way I would do it...
So the problem doesn't come from here!
Did you set up the tables under the circulation rules matrix?
If so, could you show us how?

I was also thinking about the "maxreserve" system preferences. What value did
you use? It should be more than 0. ;)

If I sum up the situation.
You checked out a book to one patron.
Then you tried to put an hold on this book for another patron.
And it says "no items available for holds", right?
Did you test this with a book that have more than 1 item attached?
Lets say, you have 3 items for 1 book. If there is only 1 item on loan, you will have at
the opac level, the option to put an hold, but if you try to put it on the next available
item, I think you would have the "not items available" message.

Hope this will help you.

Francois