I suspect that you are logging in as the administrative user, or the database user, as Katrin suggests.

What I would do is this:

Create a new member, and give it superlibrarian permissions (More -> Permissions)
Make sure you get it a username and password.
Log in with this user instead of the database user you usually use, and see if it works any better.

Liz Rea