Greetings,

One final question... on average, how frequently is Koha updated
(so I can determine support requirements if we have to move to Red Hat as opposed to Debian)?

Roughly, every month is a BUG fix, no enhancements are added, as far as I understand. Every 6 months is a new version, enhancements that were held back and are tested and Q/A make it in plus bug fixes.

I do not believe you have to update every month (unless you find something fixed that you are encountering), and you may even be able to get along nicely skipping a new version (unless that new fangled enhancement is just a necessity you can't live without). Annual updates keep you from falling too far behind and keep your system administration needs to a minimum. Though under debian-based OS'es, two or three commands monthly isn't so bad. ;)

GPML,
Mark Tompsett