1 - can I assume that the z39.50 connection will updater itself, or this has to be done manually? 2 - the records are searchable at the local library, but I would presume that they are indicated to be located elsewhere? 3 - When doing a search, will their be options to only search at the local library, or will all records be searchable at all times. 4 - The use fo Z39.50 depends on the target server to have a MARC something or another. How to I confirm that this is turned on/set up? The libraries will all be using KOHA in the network, as we set them up. How do I turn it on/set it up if needed?

Thanks!

Joseph

On 2016-04-15 14:15, Eric Bégin wrote:
Hi Joseph,

Sorry for the little questions. I know software, but librairies, I am still learning.
Been there, done that !

Welcome aboard !

How are searches done for looking in an external library?
It actually depends on what you mean by looking for external library.

Koha doesn't /easily /support the search of external library out of the box by the library's patrons through the OPAC (library's catalog).

However, librarians can set up Z39.50 targets in order to search external libraries and import their records which speed up the cataloguing process.

Cheers,

Eric Bégin
Solutions inLibro inc.
7240, Waverly St.