At 01:28 PM 12/5/2016 +0000, Raymund Delahunty wrote:
I ran repeated tests for up to 48 hours or more. I think the indexes were partly updated- 7K out of 13K "remained". I have two files to deal with tomorrow (3K, and 30K small MARC records- bibs and items). I am tempted to try the Undo again to see if it works. I am asking our support company PTFS Europe about any issues there might be with the zebra indexer. If it goes wrong again I'll ask for another index rebuild, and give up on the Undo feature.

I would agree with what François wrote re: Zebra. Just adding that the normal Koha "incremental" cron job appears to be bullet-proof for additions, and is normally totally reliable for "admin/staff" adds, deletes, edits, etc. We run it every minute and it's a matter of milliseconds.

However, we have had times where a complete (bibs *and* auths) re-index was required, but by the time the cataloguers told me "what they had done" I could not reproduce it. So I now have a weekly cron job for a complete re-index. Although it looks "long" on an SSH screen, the actual down-time of the Zebra server is just a few seconds, so our cataloguers have been told to call me if in doubt, and I do it manually. I'm sure PTFS can sort this out for you.

Paul

Ray Delahunty.

-----Original Message-----
From: Koha [mailto:koha-boun...@lists.katipo.co.nz] On Behalf Of Francois Charbonnier
Sent: 05 December 2016 13:14
To: koha@lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: Re: [Koha] What is the point of the Undo Import into catalogue feature?

Hi,

Have you waited long enough for zebra to re-index your catalogue ? To me, what you are describing is not faulty. Once you reverted an imported batch, it takes time to zebra to remove the records from the indexes.
Especially if you work with large files.

If you waited long enough and the indexes never got updated, I would say it's faulty, yes. But it you reverted the import and search for records right away, I would say it's just zebra that hasn't been able to reindex everything...

François Charbonnier,