Hi Marc

Thanks for sharing your findings about resolving an authorised value
while using MARC field 385 $a  (Audience term) as a facet.

As you write, such code changes will have to be maintained with every
update. Since there are monthly releases, including bug fixes and
sometimes security fixes, maintaining such code can be a bit cumbersome.

Yes indeed - and there may be many other adaptions in other files, depending on the needs of the library. In fact I think therefore many libraries do not really install the monthly updates - sometimes they even contain new bugs (so oldstable is preferred to stable), also it is most of the time very unclear if the publicly undocumented "security fixes" are relevant for the actual environment.

Reading this list I often see some libraries which are years back with their versions for which of course no monthly updates exist at all.

IMO it would be a good idea to open a Bug (enhancement) in
https://bugs.koha-community.org

That would be a good starting point to have a more generic solution
inside the Koha code base.

Feel free to open such a bug report if you see a chance to get it into the code.

Best wishes: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E m...@adminkuhn.ch · W www.adminkuhn.ch