The problem is almost certainly in your circulation rules. For the precise library/borrower/item type combination, are renewals allowed and if so what period is specified?

Always remember that Koha applies the rules from the most specific to the most general. So look for 'hidden' exceptions. For example, sometimes rules exist for a specific library but you may be examining the 'all libraries' rules.

I hope this helps,
Bob Birchall
Calyx