To update each borrowers circulation alert triggers for those defined in the patron category definitions, after making a back-up, run the following command:

     # koha-shell -c ' perl /usr/share/koha/bin/maintenance/borrowers-force-messaging-defaults --doit --truncate ' instanceName

where instanceName is the name of your Koha instance.
I hope this helps,
Bob Birchall
Calyx