Hi Mark and all,

I kind of disagree with a few points. I see no harm in storing the
patron images optionally outside of the database as suggested by Owen. I
don't think the database is a good place to store files actually,
storing them outside makes a lot of sense to me.

Patron images are currently stored in their own linked table called
patronimage.

The setting of paths is usually done in the koha-conf.xml file so I
think that would be the place for configuration of patron image storage
too. Afaik we already have an option to include index files and uploaded
files in the backups - I think it should not be hard to add another
option. We could make the switch between database and directory storage
a pref maybe.

Katrin