Hi

In order to use Shibboleth with Koha 20.11 on Debian GNU/Linux 10 I searched for information about the necessary configuration. The Koha manual doesn't say anything about Shibboleth, but I found https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Shibboleth_Configuration which seems to be the only source of information on this.

I followed the information until section "Enabling Shibboleth for your Virtualhost" where it says "Important: Before moving on from this section, you should be able to visit this address and see an xml file download, with no errors shown in your browser: https://kohaserver.yourdomain.example.com/Shibboleth.sso/Metadata";

Command "shibd -t" says: overall configuration is loadable, check console or log for non-fatal problems

According to https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha/blob/master/C4/Auth_with_shibboleth.pm I inserted the following into the Apache configuration file <instance>.conf to tell Apache to allow Koha (with Plack running) to authenticate via Shibboleth:

  <Location />
    AuthType shibboleth
    Require shibboleth
    ShibUseEnvironment Off
    ShibUseHeaders On
  </Location>

Replacing "kohaserver.yourdomain.example.com" with the actual domain I tried all sorts of configuration but all I ever get is just the following message instead of the expected XML:

 Sorry, the requested page is not available
 Error 404

What may be the cause for this? Is maybe the directory/file "Shibboleth.sso/Metadata" not existing, but how to create it?

Best wishes: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E m...@adminkuhn.ch · W www.adminkuhn.ch