Good morning,

My team is working on implementing Koha on Oracle Linux and so far it's worked
out.  We are getting ready to test to see if we can swap out Maria DB with
Percona MySQL Server, which seems uncomplicated.  I'd like to ask if anyone has
set up Koha to operate with a database that is on a separate server (separate
virtual machines on the same network), as opposed to embedded with Koha.  My
first thought is that it should work if Koha and Percona can talk to each
other, but how is that achieved?  Perhaps it's a matter of updating a couple
configuration files, or maybe it's totally impossible.  Any ideas?

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Tasha R. Bales | Business Support Team
Information Services | Enterprise Services
Enterprise Operations, Finance and Sustainability