Hi Scott,

at the moment there is to my knowledge no overwrite that would allow to
delete patrons with checkouts and fines.

What you could do:

* Create a list of itemnumbers or barcodes checked out to these users
and return them from the batch edit by setting them to lost.

* Balance their accounts using the writeoff_deps.pl cron
(https://koha-community.org/manual/latest/en/html/cron_jobs.html#batch-writeoff-charges)

Hope this helps,

Katrin