From: "LPDC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 19:43:21 -0600
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Peltier update

Dear Friends,

No decision on Peltier's clemency yet.  We are still expecting the decision
to be announced at the very last minute.

The White House comment line has officially closed for the transition of
presidency.  You can still fax the White House by going to our web site:
http://www.freepeltier.org

You can also flood the White House with emails by sending messages
supporting clemency to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   (emails are not usually as effective as phone
calls and faxing, but now that phone calls are eliminated, we may as well go
for it!)

You can also vote at the vote.com web site.  The question as to whether or
not Clinton should grant clemency to Peltier is still on their site.
Currently the results are 46% supporting clemency and 54% against, although
the poll does not seem to reflect accurate results.  At one point Peltier
was winning, but then the votes supporting clemency began to disappear.  It
seems the poll runs in cycles and starts over every so often, allowing
people to reenter their vote.  Also, all of the site's other poll results
are very right leaning, overwhelmingly supporting Ashcroft and Bush.  At any
rate, it doesn't hurt us to try!  Just click on this URL to vote (the
company only accepts votes from the US):
http://www.vote.com/vResults/index.phtml?cat=4075633

Lastly, you can hear excerpts from the Congressional briefing that was held
on the Peltier case on our web site: www.freepeltier.org  .

Thank you for your continued support.

In Solidarity,
LPDC

Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
PO Box 583
Lawrence, KS 66044
785-842-5774
www.freepeltier.org
To subscribe, send a blank message to  < [EMAIL PROTECTED] >
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to < [EMAIL PROTECTED] >
To change your email address, send a message to < [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> with your old address in the Subject line

To change your email address, send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   with your old address in the Subject: line

This message was launched into cyberspace to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

KOMINFORM
P.O. Box 66
00841 Helsinki
Phone +358-40-7177941