Hi,

Am Sonntag, 27. August 2006 01:40 schrieb Michaël Larouche:
> Speaking of XMPP, maybe this should be included in core Kopete and
> integrate with serverside allow/block list. They was some effort in Kopete
> that never took off, see Kopete::BlackLister in libkopete. But this is just
> a maybe.

Hmm, i don't know either. I'll put it in svn as a plugin, we can still change
it later.

> First comments (Didn't test the code)
> - Use radio buttons instead of checkbox. As I read them, the opinions look
> independant to me and only one can be applied.
>
> I can't see why I would want to receive all message and block the message
> from the black list. This doesn't make sense at all.

Yep, you're right. They should be radio buttons.

> - Use more explicit variable name than l, w, p. This help for the
> maintainability in long term and the code is easier to read. This is my
> personal opinion ;)

They are only used for setting up the widget and are not used any further. But
yes, why not.

> - You should reuse the metacontact selection dialog (the one from Change
> Metacontact) to select a contact. Using a text input dialog will be prone
> to errors. But I guess you used that only for testing :)
>
> - Use Protocol:AccountID:ContactID string to store the contact information
> for the list. Or wait untill we make metacontactId() really unique.

Yes. It's supposed to use contactIDs, because it should be possible to block
users that are not on the contactlist, and thus don't have a metacontact,
too.

André