On Sunday 27 May 2007, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Improving visibility is another story, since I don't really think anybody
> here is good at marketing. We'd need somebody to be a sort of evangelist of
> some sort, but that doesn't make a lot of sense until we're on par with the
> rest of the pack in terms of features.

actually what you do is find what you are best at, particularly better at than
others, and center your promotion on that. this will attract more users which
will result in more developers which will help with the feature parity. but
don't wait for feature parity first; communicate what you are already good or
best at. really, it's not the best software but the software that
communicates what they are in a way that connects with the users (which may
equate to "being the best in a feature match", but not necessarily).

yeah, i know, marketing is evil bastardly stuff, but that's more a reflection
of the audience than the craft ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se