Le samedi 23 juin 2007, Ezequiel R. Aguerre a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> > I think we just shouldn't remove the formating when sending latex
> > (this is in MSNChatSession::sendMessage (or something like this)
>
> How the other protocols handle this situation? right now the latex plugin
> is written with MSN in mind (I think), but If we do this modification then
> it would be the other way around and the latex plugin could be written
> protocol-less (I'm not sure what is better: Modify the protocol to support
> the plugin or modify the plugin to support the protocol).

No other protocols support sending images (AFAIK)
And even MSN does need change in order to support sending image, and this is
one of the changes needed.
We want to display what's actually sent. When we send plaintext, we remove the
formating, but when we send one image, we must not remove it.

> > This is because normal message (message with A) get an ACK in return,
> > while message with U don't.   You need to tell kopete it should not wait
> > an ack (in MSNChatSession::sendMessage (or something like this))
>
> What happens if I send the ink image with A? would we get an ACK? or the
> message wouldn't be sent? That's something I'll try.

No ideas.