Le vendredi 21 décembre 2007, Tejas Dinkar a écrit :
> Hey All,
>
> This is sort of an announcement that I've been working on a bonjour plugin
> for Kopete.
[...]

This is a great news.
All contributions are welcome.
Thank you.

> I was also wondering what the procedure would be to get this code
> committed (after it's finished) as I'm a first time KDE contributor, and
> would likely need some kind of guide or something

You don't have to wait to finish it in order to commit it.
You can already commit it in playground, so you will benefit of the svn
infrastructure.

First, you need to get a SVN account
http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account

Then you can commit your unfinished plugin in the playground module. I think
trunk/playground/network/kopete/protocols/bonjour   would be a good place

There is some documentation on techbase.kde.org

> Also, the way I see bonjour working is that only people online in your
> network should be in your contact list. For this, I tried to imitate
> what I like about pidgin. In essence, when I connect, I wipe out the
> contact list. I also wipe it out once when I disconnect (just in case).
> I'm not sure if this is a bad idea? Of course, by contact list, I mean
> bonjour contacts, and they are all neatly stacked in the Bonjour Group.

Yeah, bonjour contact are different from normal contact.
Having them in a separate group is fine.
We have the concept of temporary contact in Kopete, maybe it could bu used.