On 04/30/2008 3:15 PM, Arturo Hoffstadt Urrutia wrote:

> In our laboratory, we have set a jabber server, and the accounts of
> the jabber server are only the linux login (no  server name)
> associated to it.

A Jabber server *always* has a domain name, so an end user's JabberID is
always of the form [EMAIL PROTECTED] The "host" can be a fully qualifed domain
name, an IP address, or a hostname, but it MUST be provided in order for
the JabberID to be valid.

> Kopete needs (it actually says it), that the account should be an
> email.

A JabberID is not an email address, but it looks like one (for end users).

> How to Reproduce: Start Kopete In the Setting screen, create a new
> account select "Jabber". In Jabber ID, type a non-email account,
> example: ahoffsta
>

> Expected Behauviour: That it allows an account to be entered that
> doesn't conform the email form.

Such an "account name" is not a JabberID.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/