The actions to move contact to a new group was disabled (intentionally)
in the new ModelView merge (see below), in order to encourage drag and
drop moving of contacts.

However, I used to use this method /all/ the time, as it's easiest way
to do it with a (stupid) laptop mouse, and I'm sure many people feel the
same.

I would like to request the uncommenting of the following code (in
KopeteContactListView::initActions())

Code Which does this:
// FIXME: Do we need this with drag&drop support?
//  d->actionMove = new KopeteGroupListAction( i18n( "&Move To" ),
//  QLatin1String( "edit-cut" ),
//                                                 KShortcut(), this,
//                                                 SLOT(
//                                                 slotMoveToGroup() ),
//                                                 ac );
//  ac->addAction( "contactMove", d->actionMove );
//  d->actionCopy = new KopeteGroupListAction( i18n( "&Copy To" ),
//  QLatin1String( "edit-copy" ),
//                                                 KShortcut(), this,
//                                                 SLOT(
//                                                 slotCopyToGroup() ),
//  ac->addAction( "contactCopy", d->actionCopy )
--
Tejas Dinkar
http://gja.in