Em Sexta-feira 17 Julho 2009, Gustavo Boiko escreveu:
> Hi
>
> Em 13/07/2009, às 09:50, Lamarque Vieira Souza escreveu:

> >> Could you please point them out?
> >> To be honest, it has been a long time my kopete do not crash.
> >
> >     I created this review request http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/1004 to
> > show the
> > for the WLM protocol. There are 1105 places to analise the delete,
> > several of
> > them with problems, but it is too much work to do so I did it only
> > for the WLM
> > protocol for now. Well, Kopete, Kmail, Konqueror, Kppp and plasma
> > sometimes
> > crashes here with no appearent reason. In the plasma case it is the
> > notification applet that crashes and bring plasma down too. Maybe it
> > is
> > something related to delete not nullifing the pointer.
>
> It is usually a better approach to analyze the backtrace of the crash
> than to start blindly setting pointers to zero after deletion. I'm not
> saying pointers shouldn't be resetted after deleting, but usually
> fixing a crash involves more than just doing that.

        For a particular case you are right. I did a mistake in not nullifing
deleted
pointers in my open inbox implementation, that caused a crash with backtrace.
I thought that could be happening in other parts of Kopete source code so I
started to analise them all. Sorry if that was a waste of your time. For me it
was a good lesson on how to use delete and nullifing in C++ (I more used to C
than C++).

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm