On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 5:33 AM, Markus <kamika...@web.de> wrote:

> Very good idea. Maybe the code of the other microblogging clients for KDE
> and
> be split into a library and shared between them -- if that hasn't been
> already
> done.
>
> > Actually, I could totally see if not a full Twitter plugin, at least a
> > plugin that takes your Kopete status messages and pipes them to
> > Twitter.  That way you're only setting status in one place, rather
> > than picking an away message in Kopete, then hopping over to Twitter
> > to post basically the same information.  That's certainly a feature I
> > would use.
> >
> > I don't know that Kopete needs to be able to read Twitter messages,
> > though... it doesn't seem like that fits very well with the whole
> > paradigm of using IM to have conversations.
> >
> > Dunno.  Food for thought.
> >
> > -- Josh

Hi,

Before the start of this summer of code, When I was discussing about the
proposal for summer of code with George Goldberg, Tobias Hunger, and Kevin
Krammer, Tobias Hunger came up with the idea of the KDE-Conversation logging
framework, and making the codes generic so that it can later be used to for
logging, for example twitter blogs as well.  ( the current codes are only
suitable for kopete chats, right now)

Some of the things that are coming in my mind right now is,

1) if the twitter blogs are saved into Akonadi, then they will be easily
available to any client running on Kde-desktop.

2) If we can make a small plugin, that can access the old twitter blogs from
akonadi, we can also do something like (making blogging easy for people who
use twitter as well as kopete) by making a small window (just like chat
window)  that can show me my old blogs, as well as also gives me space, to
add my new blogs to it. Wont that will make it easier to blog on twitter? :P
But the doubt is that, it will also make kopete a microblogging client as
well, so this wont be as easy as it sounds to me right now.
I have neither used any microbloggin client nor twitter, so please do
correct me. :P

3)we can also make the status of kopete on desktop bus available, so that If
we are already using some microblogging client like Choqok, it can also
change the twitter status accordingly. That shoud'nt be difficult.

What say? !

--
Greetings, :)
irc nick - roide