On Sunday 11 October 2009 15:30:15 Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> HI,
>
> I would like to ask you for updating
> http://userbase.kde.org/Kopete_Jabber_Jingle
>
> Currently is says jingle is not supported, but on the other hand
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.2_Feature_Plan lists jingle
> voice as "DONE". Moreover starting Kopete I can see video preferences
> (didn't try to talk with anyone yet).

Hi Rafal,

http://userbase.kde.org/Kopete_Jabber_Jingle has not been updated since KDE
3.5, this is not for KDE 4.
But you're right, it should be updated.

About Jingle, here's the deal :
KDE 4.2 came with Jingle support. Unfortunately, The protocol was still at an
Experimental state at the time and there were some bugs with the audio part of
Kopete.
So I decided to deactivate it for KDE 4.3 as the protocol was already outdated
and no other client had this version implemented. There was also problems to
connect through firewalls and routers.

Now that the protocol has been stabilized, I've got a better and up-to-date
implementation. It's available on the KDE SVN repository, there :

svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kopete/new_jingle

It's not ready yet (There is no Rtp and it's not been tested at all within
Kopete) so I don't recommend to try it now.

Rtp should be there soon, I just need to explain oRTP what it has to do :-)

In Kopete, the webcam configuration dialog is used to configure your webcam for
all protocols (currently, only Yahoo supports video though IIRC), That's why
you can configure your webcam even if you can't use it.

Detlev Casanova.

PS:I'm not sure the e-mail addresses you used for Anne and Michaël are still
valid but that's not a problem, I CC'd the answer to the kopete-devel mailing-
list.