On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:53:39 -0200
Gustavo Boiko <gustavo.bo...@kdemail.net> wrote:

> Well, my test was to remove and not doing a fresh install. If there is just
> one single libmsn installed, it will show a different error (telling no
> libmsn.so was found).
>
> If you can do the test I asked for, I would be really glad. I really doubt it
> is a gcc bug, since it is a damn simple testcase involving pure preprocessing
> macros (if this is not working in gcc, I know at least 10 other opensource
> projects that would not be working at all).

        Ok Boiko, now I understood what you mean. So:

1) This is the only location I have libmsn installed:

fr...@tux /usr/local/lib$ sudo rm -f libmsn.so*
Password:
fr...@tux /usr/local/lib$ ls libmsn*
ls: cannot access libmsn*: No such file or directory

2) make

fr...@tux ~/svn/kdenetwork/b/kopete/protocols/wlm$ make
[  0%] Built target kopete_wlm_automoc
[  0%] Built target kopete_videodevice_automoc
[  0%] Built target kopete_automoc
[  8%] Built target kopete_videodevice
[ 83%] Built target kopete
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/local/lib/libmsn.so', needed by
`lib/kopete_wlm.so'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [kopete/protocols/wlm/CMakeFiles/kopete_wlm.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

        ***

        Now you can be sure there's not any other libmsn installed (I
have a strict control of my computer, so I know where everything is installed).
It would be impossible
to have 2 versions, unless it got a major change in the version and even in
that case, it normaly would use
the latest version.

--
Linux 2.6.31: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity