On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Pali Rohár <pali.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm current maintainer of Kopete -- KDE IM client, part of
> kdenetwork. I do not know if it is not too late, but I'm willing
> to help with some Kopete project on upcoming GSoC. I can add some
> project ideas to KDE GSoC page, but let me know if Kopete can be
> part of GSoC under KDE this year.
>
> --
> Pali Rohár
> pali.ro...@gmail.com

It is rather late, as we already submitted our application. However,
students cannot yet apply, so we can still add to our Ideas page.

The questions the Kopete team needs to ask is how the team will
support the student(s). One mentor isn't enough; we like two and the
backing of the whole team in IRC and the ML, plus whatever other
channels you use such as hangouts.

The student will need support to get a developer account, get
aquainted with bugzilla, the codebase, git, etc. - plus build Kopete
from source and submit a patch to Reviewboard. If you require anything
else up front, please put that in the Ideas page as well.

All this before beginning their project. If your team is up for this,
please add your ideas, providing all the information that is part of
the template.

We hope to be accepted, and are already encouraging students to go to
bugs.kde.org and fix some stuff.

Valorie