On Monday 13 March 2017 16:01:03 Shalom Ray wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in porting Kopete from KF4 to KF5 framework/libraries
> (Project name: KF5 port) as part of GSoC, 2017. I am hoping that
> someone could help me get started.
>
> A little bit about myself: I am a master's student at University of
> Edinburgh majoring in computer science. Last year, I worked
> on/developed one click installer for openSUSE OS with KDE as my
> desktop environment. One of the milestones was to port the existing
> installer from Qt4/KDE4 to Qt5/KF5. The code I have contributed can be
> found at @Link: https://github.com/openSUSE/one-click-installer
>
> I hope this will be yet another thrilling opportunity. Looking forward
> to your reply. Thank you.
>
> Best,
> Shalom
> MSc (Computer Science 2016/17)
> University of Edinburgh

Hi! In kf5 branch of Kopete repository is unfinished kf5 port of Kopete:
https://cgit.kde.org/kopete.git/

On KDE reviewboard are some of those commits in review phase:
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/groups/kopete/?show-closed=0

And there are open issues for them which needs to be fixed before they
can be merged into kopete master git repository.

First part which needs to be done is conversion of KDE3 support code to
KDE4.

If you are interested in this project you need to look at current state
of kf5 port (in kf5 branch) and figure out what is not done yet and what
needs to be fixed. Patches needs to be cleaned up before they can be
merged into master.

>From every GSoC student in KDE we would require contribution to chosen
project before applying. Contribution could be really small. Some small
bug fix or some small feature. The most important part is for student to
start using application (ideally for everyday usage) so would be able to
find something which would like to change...

--
Pali Rohár
pali.ro...@gmail.com