Hi Pali, thanks again for your help.

I hope you are right and this may help me find a mentor. The two project
ideas from Kopete that caught my interest are the *jabber message archive*
and the *improvements to the chat history*.

AFAIK, the chat history situation in Kopete is not very nice. There are two
different plugins available, but improvements are yet necessary. Their API
are messy, their graphical interface is cluttered, their offline data is
unprotected and other issues are present. I was told another student failed
in delivering this project, but I'm confident I can do it.

The jabber message archive seems more interesting to me, even though it
seems a bigger task. This is because I have used XMPP and have missed
history synchronization between clients, a feature that is basic in other
messaging software. I took some time to read some of the two protocol
extensions, and I'm very interested to implement them. I myself work with
implementing server to server exchange protocols in my day job.

I hope this can help me introducing myself and the ideas.

Best,
Paulo Lieuthier