On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 02:04:09PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Here's something meaty and even Linux-related for the list to chew on.

BAN HIM!

> Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:50:09 -0700
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [CentOS] Problems making custom isolinux.cfg
>
> I have added a few custom RPM's to my CentOS 5.2 CD, dropped a
> kickstart.cfg file in the root of the CD, and now want to change the
> isolinux.cfg in the boot.iso so that it will automatically do a kickstart
> install when the CD boots up.
>
> I am using buildinstall to make the ISO. I edited the isolinux.cfg in
> /isolinux in my CentOS 5.2 distribution tree off of which I am building my
> ISO.
>
> But after buildinstall runs the isolinux.cfg is changed back!
>
> Where is it getting the original from? Where should I be changing it to
> get my modified isolinux.cfg into my cd?
>
> Just to get around the isolinux.cfg issue manually I tried booting and at
> the prompt I say:
>
> linux ks=cdrom:/kickstart.cfg
>
> But it says that it cannot find the kickstart.cfg file. Is it expecting it
> in the root of the boot.iso or of the CD? I put it in the root of the CD.
> I can mount the CD and see that it is there. I can't figure out how to put
> it in the root of the boot.iso (if it even needs to go there) because
> apparently that is getting remade by the buildinstall also and I'm not
> sure where it is getting the contents from.

FWIW, I put my ks.cfg in the isolinux/ directory and call it like:

label ks
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks=cdrom:/isolinux/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=8192

I do remember having to go through some headaches with the ks.cfg not
being seen.  Unfortunately, once I discovered the solution, I
immediately deleted it from my brain to make room for more problems :-)