From: KRnet [mailto:krnet-bounces at list.krnet.org] On Behalf Of Sid Wood
Sent: March-26-13 6:58 PM
To: krnet at list.krnet.org
Subject: KR> First Flight Issues - Elevator Trim

On the first flight, 3/23/13, moments after lift off, the elevator trim
jumped to Full Nose Up.  Trim control in the cockpit was non-responsive.  I
had to hold firm forward pressure on the stick to maintain level flight with
the stick position about neutral.  The bounced landing bent the nose strut.
Investigation after the flight revealed the epoxy seal on the sheath of the
Nyrod trim tab rod had broken.  The Nyrod center rod and the sheath were not
damaged.  The break is at the entrance to the horizontal stabilizer leading
edge inside the fuselage.  This allowed the sheath to move resulting in the
trim tab moving to the Full Nose Up position.  The fix is to secure the
Nyrod sheath.  This is the same practical installation requirements for any
Bowden cable.
NV aero is shipping a new nose strut.
Here are some pictures from my website showing the Trim Control in the
cockpit at Full Nose Down, the Elevator Trim Tab at Full Nose Up, and the
broken Nyrod sheath anchor area:

http://websites.expercraft.com/sidwood/index.php?q=log_entry&log_id=71577

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242