My experience on this is the same as Larry's.  I have built 2 KR2, and have
set the Gross Weight on both.  I believe that everyone does and have never
heard of an FAA calculated Gross.  Mine is set at 1200 # by me.  Now, I just
have to finish the weight tests, to certify that it will operate properly at
that weight.  I am curious to know how they did that calculation.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics?
See you Oct. 4 and 5, 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il ? MVN
Daniel R. Heath -?Lexington, SC