My KR-2 is now in my air conditioned shop at home.  After three flights for
a total of 55 minutes, I am finally taking Jim Faughn's recommendation to
move the 2180 VW 2-inches forward.  I have the 2-inch aluminum blocks and an
aluminum spacer for the nose strut made by a local machine shop plus the
longer AN6-46A bolts.  So, the engine move should go quickly; getting all
the hoses, wires and cables to stretch may take a little longer.  Longer
still will be the making of a new cowl.  Part of the reason for the new cowl
is to house the Revmaster oil cooler, bigger oil pump, on-engine oil filter,
re-located mechanical fuel pump and new engine cylinder cooling ducts.
Another benefit will be to off-load the 30 pounds of lead ballast in the
nose.
All of the previous W & B data will be history.  The new wheel base and
engine move will require yet another W & B.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA