Sorry, I just saw that my post was to the old net.

Had a problem with the starter.  Jeff and I fixed that, then the battery was
dead.  So I left on Tuesday.  The flight was good most of the way back, but
I had to divert to Greenwood SC, about 70 miles from home due to very bad
weather that I really was not expecting, but could see it clearly on my
Skyview, and right in front of me.

If you gotta have problems, it is comforting to have a friend there with
you.

Winds were horrible at Greenwood.

My wife gets out of the hospital after a knee replacement, on Friday, so
will go back up to get the Bird on Saturday or Sunday.

PS: Whoever thinks that a KR is not a viable cross country airplane, my TAS
on the way back home was 156 MPH on a 100 HP Corvair motor at 2950 RPM.  I
just can't carry much Cross Country baggage.

See N64KR at  <http://krbuilder.org/> http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on
the pics

See you Oct. 4 and 5, 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC

  • KR> Home Dan Heath