The key here is the attitude of the aircraft.  With the plane level, yes,
9" is 9" regardless of the size or shape of the airframe.  But I think the
previous writer was talking about how that clearance is affected by the
attitude of the aircraft.  He also seems to be thinking the clearance is
measured with the tailwheel on the ground - which I don't think is the
correct way to measure prop clearance, even though most of the time the
plane is on the ground the tailwheel is also on the ground.

When I was learning to fly in a taildragger it used to always worry me that
the prop might hit the ground if I pushed the stick forward too much during
the takeoff roll.  One day during the pre-flight inspection the instructor
picked up the tail and showed me how high it would have to be before the
prop would hit the ground.  I never worried about it after that.

Cheers,

Tony