Paul Visk wrote:

> _I was looking though my pictures and came across  my tail alignment
> plumbob  picture and noticed my gain directions on  my longerons are
> perpendicular
> to each other. I wonder if that would  cause a strength or stiffness
> issues. I don't think so.

If you're not the first to notice this, and certainly to ask it, I'd be
surprised.  In the context of the tail, I don't think it matters either.
Those are four members of a plywood skinned box, so they are fairly minor
players, and likely oversized for the job anyway.   Other places can be
different, such as grain direction in a block or gusset where you intend to
bolt something structural like your shoulder harness, which is what I'm in
the middle of doing right now...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
website at http://www.N56ML.com