Gary Shubert wrote:

> What is the going thought on wing and tail incidence angles?  KR2
> I am going to use diehl wing skins and am planning to rebuild my tail with
> the new airfoil coordinates.

The tailfeathers would still follow the plans, which is zero degrees to the
longeron, usually obtained with a 3/32" shim under the forward spar of the
horizontal stab.  Both the plans-built and "new airfoil" horizontal
stabilizers are symmetrical airfoils, so the same incidence applies to
either one.  The only reason it's different with the "new airfoil" is
because the wing airfoil templates are drawn with a little less incidence,
so the tail gets a little less to match it.

Even if you haven't installed the main wing yet, I'd still leave it stock
incidence.  Given my experience, which is you don't fly wide open at
straight and level but a small percentage of the time, the improved view
over the nose while landing is worth more than the tad of speed you might be
giving up...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
website at http://www.N56ML.com